2 cups of almond meal
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of almond butter
1 tbsp of agave nectar or honey
350g of dark chocolate, chopped, 70% cocoa
1 cup of coconut milk
- Put the ingredients for the crust in a food processor and bring together, it takes about 5 pulses.
- Press this mixture into a removable bottom pie pan, about 9″.
- Put the coconut milk in a pot and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chocolate and let it melt in the milk.
- Pour on top of crust.
- Let it chill in refrigerator for 5-6 hours, or even overnight.
- When serving garnish with slices of toasted almonds and coconut. Enjoy!
Date balls, Perfect for Valentine’s day with a bottle of nice organic red wine
- Organic Medjool dates (1/2 cup)
- Organic dark Chocolate (plain or with almonds) 1/2 Bar
- 1/4 cup Organic coconut flakes
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Extra coconut flakes to roll
- Take all the ingredients and mix them in a food processor.
- You may have to do this a couple of times to get a fine mixture.
- Once done, take the mixture and make into round balls and enjoy.
- If you want extra crunch you can roll the balls in the coconut flakes.
- Tips from The Healthy leaf: Try using hemp hearts to roll the the balls for a different look! Enjoy