What is PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Physiotherapy is a regulated health care profession which focuses on the treatment and prevention of a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses.
Physiotherapy treatment can restore, maintain and promote optimal mobility, function, and physical activity.
Physiotherapists can provide education and advice to promote overall health and wellness.
What do Physiotherapists treat?
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Back Pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hip Pain
- Knee pain
- Postural dysfunction
- Sciatic pain
- TMJ pain
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Nerve impingements
What to expect during your Physiotherapy Visit?
- With your consent, during your initial assessment the physiotherapist will ask questions related to your health and injury, to determine what your current condition and symptoms are. This is known as the ‘subjective assessment’.
- Next, the physiotherapist will physically assess your injury, this is known as the ‘objective assessment’. This assessment may include, but it is not limited to range of motion, strength, posture, motor function and especial tests, which will help to determine where you may have stiffness, pain or discomfort.
- Based on the findings and information gathered, the physiotherapist will work with you to set goals and recommend a customized treatment plan. The treatment may include hands-on manual therapy, exercise, modalities and education.
- During follow-up sessions the physiotherapist will re-assess your condition and will recommend whether you need further treatment if required.
WHAT TO WEAR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT?
It is important to wear comfortable, loose clothing. You can bring clothes to change into for the appointment if needed.
How does Physiotherapy services differ in ONWC?
- We provide one-on-one physiotherapy services, directly with a licensed physiotherapist.
- We offer hands-on approach to meet each patient’s needs.
- By providing the most up to date rehabilitation techniques, we feel we provide the best care possible.
- We offer our patients a friendly, dedicated, and caring environment.
- Our Goal is to help you get better! And we try to achieve this by approaching you and your treatment as a whole person and not just the specific injury.