Is there a right or wrong way to taste chocolate? Not sure but be sure to slow down, eat it mindfully as chocolate makes people happy.
As you take a bite of this truffle and move the chocolate slowly in your mouth savoring the feeling you will begin to taste the flavor beyond the first bitter cocoa taste. I love a nice organic pinot noir with these truffles; it’s a “Zen” moment for me.
- ½ a cup of medjool dates
- ½ a cup of pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp. of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. raw honey or agave nectar (optional)
- ¼ tsp. of Himalayan salt
- Hemp hearts, unsweetened shredded coconut, cacao powder
You will need:
- Food processor
- 1 tablespoon for perfect measurement of the truffle size
- Parchment paper
- Cupcake liners to hold the truffles
- Process the nuts and seeds into a coarse powder
- Add dates, cacao, salt and process further till mixed well, taste to see the sweetness
- Add the honey or agave if needed
- Using the spoon measure, roll the mixture in your hands
- Roll the truffles either with hemp hearts or shredded coconut or cacao powder on a parchment paper.
- Arrange them in mini cupcake liners
Written by: Sujata Kale-Banerjea – Certified Holistic Nutritionist and Metabolic Balance Coach