- 1 medium cauliflower head washed and grated
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dehydrated onions crushed or 2 tbsp shallots minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 plump roma tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 sping fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Sliced red onions, diced peppers of your choice, olives, pineapple, tomatoes – Any other vegetables you desire on your pizza.
- Some great meat choices like: (make them organic and nitrate free): Pepperoni, salami, cooked ham, prosciutto, sausages, cooked chicken, sausages etc
- Grated mozzarella or sliced buffalo mozzarella.
- Garnish: Grated parmasean, arugula and drizzle of good quality virgin olive oil
- Steam the grated cauliflower for 5 minutes, do not overcook
- Cool it and use a cheesecloth to remove all the moisture (this is a very important step)
- In a bowl mix 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ingredients along with cauliflower.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a pizza pan with a parchment paper, spoon out the the cauliflower mixture and spread it with a spatula in a round shape or the shape it desire. (make sure that it is evenly spread with no holes)
- Bake in preheated for about 40-45 minutes until its evenly browm.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron pan, add the garlic and shallots and stir fry till translucent
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and stir till is is mixed well with the onion mixture
- Add water and seasonings and let it simmer till a desired spreadable pizza sauce consistency
- Mix in the basil and cool the sauce.
Remove the cauliflower crust from the oven, spread the tomato sauce and your favourite toppings (except arugula) and cheese. Bake it till cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Slice it and top it with arugula and good drizzle of EVOO and enjoy it with a side of soup.
Tips: if making a vegan pizza, you can replace eggs to ground flax seeds or chia seeds (1 Egg: 1 tbsp of ground flax or chia : 3 tbsp of water, let it stand for 15 minutes). Goat cheese can be replaced with almond flour! If you are making cauliflower tortillas, use the same ingredients as above and spread the mixture as big as a tortilla and little thinner.